Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Siding And Paint On The Roof Peaks At The Front of The House

More angled boards and another round vent at the front of the house.









The boards installed here have an angle on both ends:


The sun came out so I held an umbrella over Gerry while he finished hanging the boards in the small, tight area.   I painted the boards with two coats before they were hung so I only had to paint the final coat laying down.


This would have been a tricky area to transition over the peak of the roof using just one board so we hung a board on each side with a small seam at the peak which cannot be seen unless you are right there on the roof. 

I prepainted these boards with one coat before we hung them which made the painting easier in the long run.

Gerry's putting finish nails on the last piece:

Gerry suspended a board between the two roofs over the porch for me to sit on while painting the right side.


Next, we hung the shingles around the round vent.  Then I painted them.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.