Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nov 25 - 27: Torrance Memorial Holiday Festival

Gerry took a break from the house remodeling to help me with my tree for the holiday festival.  Thee tree is sponsored by the company I work for, Moog Inc.  The theme is "Iditirod to Santa's Village."
Gerry built Santa's sleigh, the 3 igloos, the 2 igloo doghouses, and he made 10 Iditirod road/milage signs which I hung along the trail:


I made the snowmen!



There are 9 festively dressed huskies pulling Santa around the tree to Santa's Village at the top:

  The punk rocker:


Each husky had a harness made from red patent-leather belts cut in half lengthwise.  They were attached to each other with reins made from the same belts.

 


The princess:

 My tree received the "Best Use of Theme" award:




The back of the tree:
My tree sold on the first day at the fashion show for full price, $1550!



My fried Lisa helped me decorate all weekend long.  I could not have finished without her help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.